Update: September 17, 2020
We re-opened successfully on September 8, 2020 and welcomed our Phase 1 artists. Stay tuned for our Phase 2 and 3 entry dates. Staff and artists have been remarkable in their adherence to health and safety protocols – so that everyone remains safe! Online programs are still underway for Phase 2 and 3 artists.
Update: July 22, 2020
Effective August 1, 2020, in compliance with the recent City of Calgary guidelines, all staff, artists, and visitors will be required to wear a mask inside our facility.
Update: July 20, 2020
Indefinite Arts Centre (IAC) is excited to announce that we will be reopening our studio on September 8, 2020. Over the next several weeks, all of our existing artists will receive communication either by email or phone to confirm their participation on-site.
There are a number of additional things to consider as we begin this transition to re-opening:
- The Centre will be open across two floors to ensure there is ample room to physically distance. Studio facilitators will be equipped with face shields and other protective equipment for their safety and that of our artists. Glass shields will also be installed, along with proper navigation stickers and guides that allow for social distancing and safe circulation of artists, support workers, and staff. Finally, extra sanitation measures will be put in place, including regular cleaning of supplies, washroom facilities, and other public spaces throughout the day.
- Artists and staff will need to adhere to verified against AHS-guided protocols, including whether they have any COVID-19 symptoms or international travel in the past 14 days. All attendees will be required to have their temperature checked.
- Additional protocols are being finalized and will be sent online. For those without email access, we will send using conventional mail.
A phased-in approach:
- Not all artists will be able to attend the IAC studio at the time of our re-opening, as we are implementing a “phased-in” approach – meaning that artists have been grouped into “phases.” Artists in phase 1 will be invited back and scheduled into the studio during the first few weeks, followed by phase 2 and phase 3. The timing of when phases 2 and 3 are invited into our studio will depend on our ability to ensure proper health and safety protocols as well as any external influences such as changing AHS or City of Calgary protocols.
- Therefore, please wait until you hear from IAC staff – either by email or phone – on when you are invited back to the studio. We are still finalizing the lists of which artists belong to a particular phase, so please wait until you hear from us.
- Note that artists in our Phase I list will also be invited to participate in very small group workshops that will be led by a local artist (to be announced soon!), and also allow us to fine-tune any minor adjustments required for our full reopening. These workshops are scheduled to begin the week of August 10.
Continuing our online + flux kit programming:
- As we slowly transition to reopening our facility, online and flux kit programming will continue for those artists who are not yet participating on-site. Please continue to engage with us through our Zoom sessions and working on your flux kits!
Please join us in recognizing the generous support of the Government of Alberta through the PDD program, the Calgary Foundation, and numerous donors (including many of our artists) who have contributed to helping us offset the costs of our COVID-19 programming as well as the additional equipment purchases related to our re-opening. And a big thank you to our IAC artists, their support workers, and their families for staying engaged with us and wowing us and our audiences with your amazing creativity.
Questions? Call Kyra at 403.253.3174 ext. 0 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you soon!
Team Indefinite Arts Centre