UPDATE (March 15, 2020)
Upon consideration of the additional information provided by Alberta Health Services and the Government of Alberta this afternoon, management at Indefinite Arts Centre has decided to close our Centre starting March 16, 2020. We will re-open once we receive information or guidance that it is safe to do so.
Staff will be on-site to begin disinfecting our studio spaces, as well as planning for our artists when we re-open.
Please stay tuned to Facebook and our website at https://ouriac.ca/2020/03/10/covid19/ for the latest information regarding our response to the COVID-19 situation.
You can reach our staff by phone at 403.253.3174 during business hours.
UPDATE (March 12, 2020)
In response to the Medical Officer of Health’s update this afternoon, we will be initiating the following procedures:
Setting up across two levels
We will follow recommendations by the Service Provider Council to reduce the concentration of our participants in the studio area – and opening up our lower level to facilitate 2D/painting activities. Though at any given time, our studio would see anywhere between 20-30 individuals (more with support workers and staff), we will take precautionary measure to reduce the concentration of individuals in one enclosed space. Artists will also be encouraged to take breaks across two levels rather than concentrate in the artist lounge. These measures will be in addition to our ongoing mitigation and sanitation initiatives.
Explore+ Fundraiser Postponement
Given the update from the Chief Medical Officer of Health, we will be postponing our Explore+ Fundraiser until a time when the COVID19 matter subsides.
Do not attend if you are feeling ill.
We cannot emphasize the importance of this message. If you have any flu-like (or even cold-related) symptoms including cough, fever, dizziness, please not attend your session at Indefinite Arts Centre as it may put others at risk.
Indefinite Arts Centre is closely monitoring the coronavirus issue and we are committed to maintaining a healthy site for everyone. To support this, we have recently increased our diligence in certain protocols:
- Cleaning throughout the day has been ramped up and includes wiping fridge handles, microwave handles, tables, etc. with disinfectant wipes.
- Nightly cleaning has been ramped up to ensure it includes the disinfecting of smaller places such as door handles, taps, etc.
- We have provided our artists with a “Keeping IAC Healthy” brochure so they know when to stay home and how to stay healthy at our Centre.
- We are requesting that all travelers remain away from our Centre until they are certain they have not picked up the Coronavirus on their adventures.
- We are requesting anyone experiencing illness or flu like systems remain at home.
Above all, we encourage everyone to follow these official sources of information to remain current:
If you have any questions about what we are doing to keep Indefinite Arts Centre a healthy place, please contact Heather Jones at 403-253-3174, ext. 3 or email@example.com or visit https://ouriac.ca/faq-covid19/ for FAQ