Q: Is Indefinite Arts Centre (IAC) still in operation?
A: Yes. We remain open Mondays to Fridays.
Q: When will IAC decide when to close?
A: Any decisions made regarding closure will be made in consultation with or under the direction of Alberta Health Services (AHS), Alberta Health, and the Ministry of Community and Social Services.
Q: What will happen if I show up at IAC and it is closed?
A: At this time, we are asking all families and support workers to closely monitor our operational status to ensure that we will be open when artists arrive on site. This is especially important during the current winter months.
Q: Will artists/families/guardians/supportive roommates/agencies be notified if a member of our IAC community is asked to self-isolate?
A: IAC will not be issuing notices regarding any self-isolation incidents without direct collaboration from Alberta Health Services (AHS). AHS will take the lead in notifying a community when they believe there is reason to be concerned about exposure to a case of COVID-19.
Q: If an artist has recently travelled or has plans to travel, will they be asked to self-isolate prior to attending IAC? What about employees?
A: As per the direction from the provincial medical officer of health, any artist that has travelled overseas will be required to self-isolate prior to attending IAC. The same rule will apply to all IAC employees. If there is any risk associated to close contact with COVID-19, we will notify AHS – and in turn, AHS will notify those who are deemed at risk of exposure.
Q: What proactive actions is IAC taking to reduce the risk of COVID-19?
The health and safety of employees and artists is tantamount. In addition to the travel related restrictions, we are asking that anyone who is experiencing flu like symptoms remain at home. If we observe someone experiencing these symptoms at our location, we will isolate them and make immediate arrangements for them to go home.
Q: Will the Community Youth Program continue to run?
A: Yes, our community youth program will proceed as scheduled unless otherwise notified.
Q: I’m a volunteer. Should I still come help out at IAC?
A: Yes, you are welcome to come and volunteer at Indefinite Arts Centre as long as we are open. If you have traveled or are feeling under the weather, please do not come to Indefinite Arts Centre. The same rules apply to our volunteers as they do for our staff and artists.
To maintain maximum levels of cleanliness, we are:
- Sanitizing all surfaces, handles, tools, etc. several times a day
- Increasing and encouraging proper hand washing protocols
- Making sanitizer available throughout the building (please note that sanitizer is in short supply throughout Alberta so we will encourage the use of soap and water, which is more effective anyway)
- Operating on both levels of our building to promote social distancing instead of having all artists grouped together in the main studio
- Discouraging physical connections with other humans (no hand shakes, hugs, etc.)
- Maximizing the distance between artists and employees required to work in the same space