STUDIO INSTRUCTOR: FIBRE SPECIALTY
Indefinite Arts Centre is a fun, fast-paced, dynamic work environment where everyone pitches in for a great cause – to provide artistic training, creation and exhibition opportunities for people with developmental disabilities. We are looking to add a Studio Instructor to the team who has experience in fibre arts and is able to bring their passion for contemporary fibre practices to IAC.
Term: Permanent | 30 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 9am – 3:30pm
Reports to: Director, Artist & Program Development
Compensation: $20.00 per hour | increases to $22.00 per hour upon successful completion of a 3 month probation. We also offer a great health benefits package.
Start: April 1st, 2019
What you will do:
– Achieve an understanding of and maintain alignment with the art goals of Indefinite Arts Centre and our individual artists; facilitate and inspire the artists’ learning using methods appropriate for the individual artists.
– Provide input to initial artist assessments and complete monthly tracking of goals/objectives for assigned artists.
– Set fees for projects to assure that costs are covered and ensure that charges for supplies are made to artists.
– Encourage artists to exhibit artwork in appropriate Indefinite Arts Centre or community exhibitions.
– Assist with planning and implementation of exhibitions, workshops, community programs and fundraising events.
– Ensure the availability of studio supplies to artists and communicate shortages or additional needs to the Director, Artist & Program Development.
– Keep studio areas clean and tidy to provide a safe environment for everyone. Advise on studio equipment purchases and investments.
– Assist with training and supervision of studio volunteers and practicum students as required.
– Participate in team meetings as required.
– Keep the Director, Artist & Program Development advised of matters which affect the conduct of programs and the welfare of the artists.
– Other duties as assigned by the Director, Artist & Program Development.
What you will bring:
– Creativity, initiative and a desire to contribute to the positive atmosphere and success of our studio for both Indefinite Arts Centre and individual artists;
– Expertise in one or more art areas of specialization with the ability to incorporate physical and behavioural adaptations to successfully share your knowledge with artists with developmental and physical disabilities.
– A mature attitude and ability to work autonomously in a collaborative environment; ability to work with adults with disabilities.
– Excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to reflect upon and adapt your communication styles working
with artists, their support networks and other IAC staff.
– Display drive, energy and initiative to handle a variety of tasks or projects concurrently.
– Ability to problem-solve and adapt, responding to changing conditions, priorities, and behaviours.
Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Please submit your cover letter and CV either by email or in person, to Karly Mortimer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until March 6th, 2019.
Thank you for your interest, however only successful applicants will be contacted for interviews.