SUMMER STUDIO INSTRUCTOR
Indefinite Arts Centre is a fun, fast-paced, dynamic work environment where everyone pitches in for a great cause – to provide artistic training, creation and exhibition opportunities for people with developmental disabilities. We are currently accepting applications for our summer student studio instructor positions. Come and spend your summer with an amazing group of people!
Some Important Details:
Hours: Monday to Friday, 30 hours per week with occasional Saturday or holiday work.
Term of Employment: 15 weeks | May 21st through August 30th, 2019
Compensation: $17.50 per hour.
Your primary duties would be to:
– Facilitate and inspire the artists’ learning and achievement of art goals using methods appropriate for the individual artists.
– Support artists and IAC in the preparation for exhibitions.
– Keep studio areas clean and tidy to provide a safe environment for everyone.
– Participate in team meetings as required and perform other duties as assigned.
Who we are looking for:
– Highly motivated individuals with a desire to work in both the arts and disability communities;
– those with a mature attitude and ability to work autonomously in a collaborative environment;
– those who believe that every individual, no matter their ability, deserves the opportunity to find and express their creativity.
We are seeking to fill two summer positions under the Canada Summer Jobs grant. As per Canada Summer Jobs’ regulations, all candidates must be
– 15 to 30 years of age as of May 21st, 2019;
– a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
– legally entitled to work according to Alberta provincial legislation and regulations
International students who are not Canadian Citizens or permanent residents are not eligible.
If you’d like to apply:
Please email a cover letter and resume to Karly Mortimer at email@example.com, no later than March 31st, 2019